Burst of Sentiments Learnt

Today is the Feast of Immaculate Conception this means that on this very the same day Jesus was conceived inside Mother Mary’s womb and signifies the beginning of the world’s glory. This day has been celebrated significantly by devote Catholics in every Philippine regions.


Early this morning Jana, Dia, Myra, Father Bert, Dr. Bing and I went to walking distant San Pablo Parish and have joined mass. The priest homily was all about Mother Mary’s discourse with angels of God and her devotion to bring child Jesus in her life however what took my thought was the priest’s integration of the story about Mary Magdalene, the bible character who was adjudged by the mob of being the filthiest woman by her profession as prostitute. Jesus came on time when angry mob tried to cast stone to Mary Magdalene, Jesus interrupted and told them “who considers themselves sinless, can cast stone to this woman” but no one ever did and the priest continued, “it would have been Mother Mary could throw stone to Mary Magdalene, she is the virgin who was shielded from sin and that is how she was moulded to carry the handmade of the lord”.


Prior to parish visit, earlier that morning I felt irritated from the information mouthed by mom, it was about the ferry in Jose Rizal’s novel El Filibusterismo, and yes it has arrived and Doňa Eriquita had her way to its Palasyo Negro. After mom aired her side I thought that I was about to explode I should have counted 1 to 10 to appease myself, just like Tink in Tinkerbelle Part II when she was annoyed but I was covered by the mounted anger derived from Doňa Eriquita and her Alipores and blown up and I was not able to grip, disclosed matters which concerns them negatively.


Who wouldn’t do those things? After Indios have been treated insensitively, Makibaka was the only appropriate answer as our brother rejectionist NPA went for revolutionary arm struggle. I could say that only those weak that would take down their flags. Yes, it’s true I did it purposely to make them realize of their own selves.


However the mass was over and I was not able to pay attention it had bothered me a lot and left the parish with heavy heart. Hours had passed.


In the evening I had dinner with Jana at MINCODE’s Eat and Help here in Matina, I shared my sentiments and she relate her stories about dialogue. She is one of the people I kept which I consider treasure-friends who glow inside, listening and sharing while they glimmer. I have to say that people are made uniquely, there are things you don’t dance together but it is not necessary that you dance as well. Don’t deal with people attitudinally you may hurt them culturally, deal with their ill-deeds and they may breed.


At the end of the day, I reflected and told myself “You were wrong Glen let them realize and ponder upon it, it may not be today but time will come, as the process of learning come firsts before realizing”.


Learnings are more colourful when learnt from rainbow friends, it may be sour when negative but extracts are more aromatic. Appreciate the beauty of misunderstandings and conflicts.


TIMELINE

More Fun in The Philippines

05/25/2015 DW Osmena Peak traversed to Kawasan It started with an invitation from sport-active-fit enthusiast friend and colleague Jennifer whom have been biking, trekking and walking her way to vast mountainous areas in Cebu with her siblings and she's been doing it for quite sometime now.

04/25/2015 DW Siquijor is the 3rd smallest province of the Philippines. ( 2nd is Camiguin and the smallest is in Batanes. The island is not that new to me since I've been there a couple of times in 2007 with Family, 2009 with friends and my partner in 2012...


03/25/2015 DW Camiguin is an everyday Sand, Sea and Sun! as the title of this blog implies, tourist will be mesmerized by its warmth and Speaking of warm people, Camiguin folks are the most friendly...


03/24/2014 Let’s laugh #Peopleofthe7107islands: A Response to “I would rather Go Hungry” Girl I like the honesty! I read their blog site and its amazing how they travel the world in a light expense were they can ONLY and definitely experience in a developing or southern countries like the Philippines .


11/2009 DW Basilan and Zamboanga My first visit was last October of 2009 and it was the most exciting, full of discoveries. And who doesn't want to consider as it is? I just took the road were armed conflict lies every year and its history were still a bad dream for some? I just took the road were armed conflict lies every year ...


10/2009 DW Mindanao Peace Caravan On the 10th day of October I decided and was determined to join as a volunteer of the BUC-MTYC’s programme, the 3rd Sining Kabataan para sa Kapayapaan: A Public Display and Peace Caravan Activity....